Budapest & Hungary - The Danube Bend & Western Transdanubia (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Danube Bend & Western Transdanubia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Budapest & Hungary guidebook.
The Danube Bend is a region of peaks and picturesque river towns to the north of Budapest. It is the most beautiful stretch of the Danube along its entire course, where several historical towns vie for visitors’ attention.
- stroll the cobbled backstreets of Szentendre, where life remains largely untouched by the town’s tourist tumult
- climb up Visegrád’s medieval citadel and enjoy the wonderful views of the Danube
- explore 1000-year-old Pannonhalma Abbey, the architecturally splendid spiritual heart of Hungary, in a lofty hilltop location
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Places to Sleep, The Danube Bend, Szentendre, Visegrád, Esztergom, Western Transdanubia, Sopron, Őrség National Park, When to Go.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.