*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Budapest & Hungary - Northern Hungary (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Hungary chapter from Lonely Planet’s Budapest & Hungary guidebook.
Forested hiking trails, superb wine regions, traditional folk culture and hilltop castle ruins beckon you to what are called the Northern Uplands. In a country as flat as a pancake, these foothills of the Carpathians soar above most of Hungary.
- savour Eger, the unequalled jewel of the Northern Uplands, celebrated for its legendary wine, baroque architecture and easy-going temperament
- spend the night and listening to the silence in the tiny village of Hollók?, where folk art and tradition live on
- taste the famous ‘wine of kings and the king of wines’ in the picturesque little town of To-kaj
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hollók?, Eger, Tokaj, Bereg Region, Vásárosnamény, Tákos, Csaroda, Tarpa, Szatmárcseke.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.