*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Budapest & Hungary - Lake Balaton & Southern Transdanubia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lake Balaton & Southern Transdanubia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Budapest & Hungary guidebook.
Lake Balaton is not only a happy, sunny expanse of opaque tourmaline-coloured water in which to play – step beyond its beaches and you’ll encounter vine-filled forested hills, a national park and a wild peninsula, nearly cutting the lake in half.
- wander the wild peninsula of Tihany, poking around in the Abbey Church and sipping a home-brewed beer in Hungary’s most picture-perfect lakeside village
- sail, paddleboard, swim and cycle in the Lake Balaton capital of Balatonfüred, then hit lakeside restaurants and bars by night
- check out the excellent museums, craft beer bars and coffee shops of Pécs, marvelling at the greenish- and goldish-hued ceramics at the famous porcelain factory.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lake Balaton Region, Balatonfüred, Tihany, Keszt-hely, Southern Transdanubia, Pécs, Mohács.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.