Budapest & Hungary - Budapest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Budapest chapter from Lonely Planet’s Budapest & Hungary guide-book.
There’s no other city in Hungary like Budapest; everything of importance either starts or ends here. But it is the beauty of Budapest that makes it stand apart. See why unique, passionate, vibrant Budapest remains so unmissable.
- take in the views of the Danube and the rest of the city from Fishermen’s Bastion
- soak the afternoon away at Rudas Baths, a thermal bath dating from the days of the Turkish occupation
- ogle the sinuous curves and asymmetrical forms of the city’s incomparable art nouveau architecture at Royal Postal Savings Bank
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Budapest, Gö-döllő.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.