Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Budapest - Gellért Hill & Tabán (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Gellért Hill & Tabán chapter from Lonely Planet's Budapest guidebook.
Standing atop Gellért Hill and proclaiming freedom throughout the city is the lovely Liberty Monument, Budapest’s most visible statue. She looks down on the Tabán, a leafy neighbourhood originally settled by the Serbs, and a great many students.
- taking in the incomparable views of Castle Hill, the Danube and Pest from the Liberty Monument
- soaking in the Art Nouveau Gellért Baths – an experience that has been likened to taking a bath in a cathedral
- reliving history at the former Swedish Embassy from where Raoul Wallenberg and others rescued thousands of Hungarian Jews from deportation and death
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.