Budapest - Erzsébetváros & the Jewish Quarter (PDF Chapter)
This is the Erzsébetváros & the Jewish Quarter chapter from Lonely Planet's Budapest guidebook.
Encompassing Erzsébetváros and most of Terézváros, including well- and high-heeled Andrássy út, the long, dramatic and très chic boulevard that slices through Terézváros. Here you’ll find a large percentage of Budapest’s accommodation, restaurants and Pest’s hottest and coolest nightspots.
- marvelling at the exotic architecture of the Great Synagogue, the largest Jewish house of worship in Europe, and taking a 2000-year tour at the attached Hungarian Jewish Museum
- enjoying a performance at the Hungarian State Opera House, the capital’s sumptuously appointed temple to classical music
- strolling along Andrássy út, the gracious tree-, shop- and sight-lined boulevard that appears on Unesco’s World Heritage list
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.