Budapest - Day Trips from Budapest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Budapest chapter from Lonely Planet's Budapest guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Budapest- and they can all be completed in a day. Must-sees include Gödöllő Royal Palace and the the scenic Szentendre.
- Hungary’s most painstakingly restored aristocratic residence, the Royal Palace at Gödöllő is within easy striking distance of the capital and an easy ‘walk’ through Hungarian history.
- a town on the scenic Danube Bend that has changed little since the 18th century, Szentendre is well worth the easy trip from Budapest for its museums, galleries, architecture and shops.
- provincial Hungary’s prettiest city contains a plenitude of museums and important architecture, a castle that helped save the nation and a valley awash in wine.
- arguably the most stylish of all the towns along Lake Balaton, Balatonfüred was once the preserve of the well-heeled infirm but now attracts both fun- and sun-seekers in equal measure.
Coverage includes: Gödöllő Royal Palace, Szentendre, Eger and Balatonfüred.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.