Budapest - City Park & Beyond (PDF Chapter)
This is the City Park & Beyond chapter from Lonely Planet's Budapest guidebook.
City Park is the largest park in Budapest. Its main entrance, Heroes’ Sq, is ringed by important museums and significant monuments. The streets on the fringes of the park are paradise for fans of Art Nouveau and Secessionist architecture.
- taking the waters at the ‘wedding-cake’ Széchenyi Baths in Budapest’s sprawling City Park, which boasts some of the hottest thermal water of all the city’s spas and arguably its most waterlogged chess players
- enjoying the stunning architecture and the friendly residents of the Elephant House at the Budapest Zoo
- having a close call with one Great Master after another at the rich Museum of Fine Arts
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.