Budapest - Castle District (PDF Chapter)
This is the Castle District chapter from Lonely Planet's Budapest guidebook.
The Castle District is the nerve centre of Budapest’s history, packed with many of the capital’s most important museums and other attractions, including many excellent restaurants.
- comprehending Budapest’s long and often convoluted story by visiting the revamped Castle Museum and then viewing many of the events captured forever by some of the nation’s greatest artists at the Hungarian National Gallery
- enjoying views of the Danube, Gellért Hill and Pest from the landmark Fishermen’s Bastion
- reliving the WWII siege of Budapest by descending into the Hospital in the Rock deep below Buda Castle
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.