Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
British Columbia & the Canadian Rockies - Alberta (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Alberta chapter from Lonely Planet’s British Columbia & the Canadian Rockies guidebook.
Alberta does lakes and mountains like Rome does cathedrals and chapels, but without the penance. For proof head west to Jasper and Banff, two of the world’s oldest national parks; despite their wild and rugged terrain, they remain untrammeled and easily accessible.
- explore the Jurassic remnants of Drumheller at the Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology
- soak beneath the mountain peaks of Jasper National Park at Miette Hot Springs
- step back in time to experience new immigrant life at the turn of the century at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Edmonton & around, Calgary, Banff & Jasper National Parks, Kananaskis Country, Canmore, Icefields Parkway, Banff Town, Lake Louise, Jasper Town & around, Drumheller & around, Dinosaur Provincial Park, Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, Lethbridge, Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park, Waterton Lakes National Park, Crowsnest Pass, Peace River & around, Mackenzie Highway and Lake District.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.