British Columbia & the Canadian Rockies - Yukon Territory (PDF Chapter)
This is the Yukon Territory chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island guidebook.
This vast and thinly populated wilderness, where most four-legged species far outnumber humans, has a grandeur and beauty only appreciated by experience. Few places in the world today have been so unchanged over the course of time.
- love the vibe of Dawson City, Canada’s funkiest historic town
- spend an extra day in surprising, culture-filled Whitehorse
- spot moose and bears along the stunning Klondike Hwy – they may outnumber cars
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Whitehorse & Around, Alaska Highway, Haines Highway, Klondike Highway, Carcross, Carmacks, Stewart Crossing, Dawson City, Dempster Highway, Arctic Parks.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.