British Columbia & the Canadian Rockies - Understand British Columbia & the Canadian Rockies and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the BC & the Canadian Rockies Today, History, Wildlife, The Arts, In-digenous BC & Beyond, West Coast Cuisine, Drinking BC & Beyond, Directory A–Z, Transporta-tion, and Behind the Scenes chapters from Lonely Planet’s British Columbia & the Canadi-an Rockies guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, wildlife and the arts to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Indigenous BC and beyond
- info on West Coast cuisine, from farmers markets to fine dining
- full coverage of the region’s history, from its Indigenous beginnings to its pioneer past
- details on the region’s super-cool artistic side, from renowned galleries to grassroots local scenes
Coverage includes: BC & the Canadian Rockies Today, History, Wildlife, The Arts, Indigenous BC & Beyond, West Coast Cuisine, Drinking BC & Beyond, Directory A–Z, Transportation, and Behind the Scenes.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.