British Columbia & the Canadian Rockies - Alberta (PDF Chapter)
This is the Alberta chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island guidebook.
Alberta does lakes and mountains like Rome does cathedrals and chapels, but without the penance. For proof head west to Jasper and Banff, two of the world’s oldest national parks; de-spite their wild and rugged terrain, they remain untrammeled and easily accessible.
- explore Jurassic remnants in Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology
- soak amidst spectacular mountain peaks in Miette Hot Springs
- step back in time to the days of new immigrants at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Vil-lage
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Edmonton, Calgary, Banff & Jasper National Parks, Kananaskis Country, Canmore, Icefields Parkway, Banff Town, Lake Louise, Jasper Town & Around, Southern Alberta, Drumheller, Dinosaur Provincial Park, Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, Lethbridge, Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park, Waterton Lakes National Park, Crowsnest Pass, Northern Alberta, Peace River & Around, Mackenzie Highway, Lake District.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation