Brazil - The Amazon (PDF Chapter)
This is the Amazon chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
What traveler drawn to the wild places of the planet hasn’t imagined a trip to the Amazon, not only to admire the towering trees, secretive wildlife and awesome river, but to enter, in a real sense, the very life spring of the planet?
- glide through flooded forests in search of jaguars and the white uakari monkey in Ma-mirauá Reserve
- explore the Amazon as it once was, with endless forests, waterways and wildlife, in Reserva Extrativista Baixo Rio Branco-Jauaperi
- immerse yourself in the rainforest, with massive trees and forest trails, in Floresta Nacional do Tapajós
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Pará, Belém, Algodoal, Ilha de Marajó, Santarém, Floresta Nacional do Tapajós, Alter do Chão, Tocantins, Palmas, Taquarussú, Amazonas, Ma-naus, Rio Negro Basin, Tefé, Mamirauá Reserve, The Triple Frontier, Roraima, Boa Vista, Ron-dônia, Porto Velho, Guajará-Mirim, Acre, Rio Branco, Xapuri, Brasiléia.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation