Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Brazil - The Amazon (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Amazon chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
The Amazon’s quintessential experiences are often more sublime than superlative: canoeing through a flooded forest, dozing in a hammock on a boat chugging upriver, waking to the otherworldly cry of howler monkeys. Forget your Discovery Channel expectations, and the Amazon cannot fail to impress.
- glide through the flooded forest at Reserva de Desenvolvimento Sustentável Mamirauá in search of the shaggy uacari monkey
- test your mettle on a survival tour outside Manaus
- rough it with rubber-tappers in Floresta Nacional do Tapajós, outside Alter do Chão
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Pará, Belém, Algodoal, Ilha de Marajó, Santarém, Floresta Nacional (FLONA) do Tapajós, Alter do Chão, Tocantins, Palmas, Taquarussú, Parque Estadual do Jalapão, Amazonas, Manaus & around, Rio Negro Basin, Tefé, Reserva de Desenvolvimento Sustentável Mamirauá, The Triple Frontier, Roraima, Boa Vista, Santa Elena de Uairén (Venezuela), Rondônia, Porto Velho, Guajará-Mirim, Guayaramerín (Bolivia), Acre, Rio Branco, Xapuri, Cobija (Bolivia) and Brasiléia.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.