Brazil - Sergipe & Alagoas (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sergipe & Alagoas chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
Overshadowed by Bahia to the south, the tiny states of Sergipe and Alagoas have long been overlooked by travelers. But that’s changing – in the past few years, the thoroughly likable coastal city of Maceió has emerged as a buzzing vacation destination.
- pedal a bike along Maceió’s friendly beach paths, or take a jangada (boat) into the ocean to explore natural pools created by offshore reefs
- fast on fresh crabs and listen to traditional forró music in Aracaju’s open-air eateries
- explore the colonial churches and cobblestone streets of historic Penedo
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sergipe, Aracaju, Alagoas, Maceió, Praia do Francês, Penedo, Maragogi.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.