Brazil - Rio Grande Do Sul (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rio Grande do Sul chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
From the forest-covered canyons near Cambará do Sul, and cascading river valleys near co-zy Brazilian Alpine villages like Gramado, to the stunning Vale dos Vinhedos with its award-winning wines, Rio Grande do Sul defies stereotypical notions of Brazil.
- wander through canyons at Parque Nacional da Serra Geral and Parque Nacional de Aparados da Serra near Cambará do Sul
- taste your way through the gorgeous emerging wine region of Vale dos Vinhedos
- explore the stunning grounds of Unesco-listed São Miguel das Missões along the Rota Missões
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Porto Alegre, Serra Gaúcha, Bento Gonçalves, Vale dos Vinhedos, Pinto Bandeira, Gramado, Cambará do Sul, Litoral Gaúcho, Torres, Rio Grande.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.