Brazil - Rio Grande do Sul (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rio Grande do Sul chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
Brazil’s southernmost state is its most culturally distinct, home to an independently minded population steeped in cattle herding and cowboy culture. From forest-covered canyons and Brazilian alpine villages to the stunning Vale dos Vinhedos, the Rio Grande do Sul defies notions of typical Brazil.
- peer over the edge of the Cânion da Fortaleza in Parque Nacional da Serra Geral
- taste your way through the New World’s emerging wine region in the Vale dos Vinhedos
- explore the Swiss-mountain-village environs of Gramado, where fondue flows freely
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Porto Alegre, Serra Gaúcha, Bento Gonçalves, Pinto Bandeira, Gramado, Cambará do Sul, Litoral Gaúcho, Torres and Rio Grande.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.