Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Brazil - Rio de Janeiro City (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Rio de Janeiro City chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
Planted between lush, forest-covered mountains and breathtaking beaches, the Cidade Maravilhosa (Marvelous City) has many charms at its disposal. While large-scale festivities such as Carnaval make Rio famous, there are always countless occasions for revelry, from Saturdays at Ipanema Beach to football at Maracanã.
- frolic in the waves and watch the parade of passing people on lovely Ipanema Beach
- find the perfect beat at a samba club in Lapa, Brazil’s most musically charged neighborhood
- take the cog train up Corcovado for stunning views beneath the open-armed Cristo Redentor
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.