Brazil - Rio De Janeiro (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rio de Janeiro chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
Planted between lush, forest-covered mountains and breathtaking beaches, the Marvelous City has many charms at its disposal. While Carnaval makes it famous, there are countless occa-sions for revelry: Saturdays at Ipanema Beach, parties in Lapa, football at MaracanÃ, and samba on the sidewalks of Copacabana.
- bask in the sunshine on Copacabana Beach followed by drinks at an oceanfront kiosk
- admire the Cidade Maravilhosa from the craggy heights of Pão de Açúcar
- frolic in the waves and watch the parade of passing people on Ipanema Beach
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.