Brazil - Parana (PDF Chapter)
This is the Paraná chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
Iguaçu Falls is the big draw here – it has earned the wonder and admiration of travelers, from indigenous tribes to Jesuit missionaries to modern-day tourists. The awe it inspires cannot be overstated.
- experience Mother Nature’s heart-stopping, thunderous roar at Garganta do Diablo, Iguaçu Falls’ most tumultuously glorious moment
- ride the rails on the cinematic Serra Verde Express to Morretes, one of Brazil’s last great train rides
- laze about the wild beaches and sandy trails in Ilha do Mel, Paraná’s car-free paradise
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Curitiba, Morretes, Paranaguá, Ilha do Mel, Iguaçu Falls & Around, Foz do Iguaçu, Parque Nacional do Iguaçu (Brazil), Parque Nacional Iguaçu (Argentina).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation