Brazil - Minas Gerais & Espirito Santo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Minas Gerais & Espírito Santo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
Minas’ natural wonders are alluring. The Serra do Espinhaço, a Unesco Biosphere Reserve running the length of the state, is just one of many refuges providing critical habitat for endan-gered species as well as exhilarating outdoor-recreation opportunities.
- Explore two dozen galleries of contemporary art spread out in exquisite tropical gardens at the Instituto de Arte Contemporânea Inhotim
- wander among the picturesque cobblestone streets and baroque architectural treasures of Minas’ one-time capital, Ouro Preto
- climb Brazil’s third-tallest mountain, the 2892m Pico da Bandeira, in the Parque Nacional de Caparaó
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Ouro Preto, Mariana, Lavras Novas, Congonhas, São João del Rei, Tiradentes, Caxambu, Aiuruoca & the Vale do Ma-tutu, Diamantina, Serro & Around, Parque Nacional da Serra Do Cipó, Tabuleiro, Parque Natural do Caraça, Parque Nacional de Caparaó, Espírito Santo, Vitória, Itaúnas, Guarapari & Around, Domingos Martins, Pedra Azul.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation