*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Brazil - Minas Gerais & Espirito Santo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Minas Gerais & Espírito Santo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
For those seeking a tangible sense of Brazilian history, no state compares with Minas Gerais, and Minas’ natural wonders are equally alluring. Neighboring Espírito Santo offers an attractive off-the-beaten-track counterpoint, with pretty beach and mountain scenery and some of Brazil’s tastiest seafood.
- check out the 21 galleries of contemporary art at Instituto de Arte Contemporânea Inhotim
- wander among the cobblestone streets and baroque architectural treasures of Ouro Preto
- climb Brazil’s third-tallest mountain, the 2892m Pico da Bandeira in Parque Nacional de Caparaó
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Ouro Preto, Mariana, Lavras Novas, Congonhas, São João del Rei, Tiradentes, Caxambu, Aiuruoca & the Vale do Matutu, Diamantina, Serro & around, Parque Nacional da Serra do Cipó, Tabuleiro, Parque Natural do Caraça, Parque Nacional de Caparaó, Espírito Santo, Vitória, Itaúnas, Guarapari & around, Domingos Martins and Pedra Azul.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.