*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Brazil - Minas Gerais & Espirito Santo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Minas Gerais & Espírito Santo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
For those seeking a tangible sense of Brazilian history, no state compares with Minas Gerais, and Minas’ natural wonders are equally alluring. Neighboring Espírito Santo offers an attractive off-the-beaten-track counterpoint, with pretty beach and mountain scenery and some of Brazil’s tastiest seafood.
- check out the 21 galleries of contemporary art at Instituto de Arte Contemporânea Inhotim
- wander among the cobblestone streets and baroque architectural treasures of Ouro Preto
- climb Brazil’s third-tallest mountain, the 2892m Pico da Bandeira in Parque Nacional de Caparaó
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Ouro Preto, Mariana, Lavras Novas, Congonhas, São João del Rei, Tiradentes, Caxambu, Aiuruoca & the Vale do Matutu, Diamantina, Serro & around, Parque Nacional da Serra do Cipó, Tabuleiro, Parque Natural do Caraça, Parque Nacional de Caparaó, Espírito Santo, Vitória, Itaúnas, Guarapari & around, Domingos Martins and Pedra Azul.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.