*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Brazil - Mato Grosso & Mato Grosso do Sul (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mato Grosso & Mato Grosso do Sul chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
Once Brazil’s Wild West, Mato Grosso today is a prime destination for ecotourists and anglers. The Pantanal, one of the most important and fragile ecosystems on the planet, truly shines as Brazil’s top destination for animal-spotting and bird-watching.
- gawk at wildlife along the 145km Transpantaneira ‘highway’ in the Pantanal
- journey to the center of the earth at the Abismo de Anhumas near Bonito
- watch the sun set over dramatic landscapes in Parque Nacional da Chapada dos Guimarães
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Mato Grosso, Cuiabá, Chapada dos Guimarães, Parque Nacional da Chapada dos Guimarães, Bom Jardim, Poconé, The Pantanal, Mato Grosso do Sul, Campo Grande, Corumbá, Bonito & around, and Ponta Porã.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.