*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Brazil - Mato Grosso & Mato Grosso do Sul (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mato Grosso & Mato Grosso do Sul chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
Once Brazil’s Wild West, Mato Grosso today is a prime destination for ecotourists and anglers. The Pantanal, one of the most important and fragile ecosystems on the planet, truly shines as Brazil’s top destination for animal-spotting and bird-watching.
- gawk at wildlife along the 145km Transpantaneira ‘highway’ in the Pantanal
- journey to the center of the earth at the Abismo de Anhumas near Bonito
- watch the sun set over dramatic landscapes in Parque Nacional da Chapada dos Guimarães
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Mato Grosso, Cuiabá, Chapada dos Guimarães, Parque Nacional da Chapada dos Guimarães, Bom Jardim, Poconé, The Pantanal, Mato Grosso do Sul, Campo Grande, Corumbá, Bonito & around, and Ponta Porã.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.