Brazil - Mato Grosso & Mato Grosso Do Sul (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mato Grosso & Mato Grosso do Sul chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
Mato Grosso was once Brazil’s wild west, a land known only to indigenous hunters, poach-ers, gold seekers and naturalists. Today, some of Brazil’s most photogenic wildlife and incredible scenery make it a prime destination for ecotourists and anglers.
- gawk at incredible wildlife along Transpantaneira, the 145km Pantanal ‘highway’
- see this magnificent jaguar on boat trips from Porto Jofre
- journey to the center of the earth at Abismo Anhumas near Bonito
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cuiabá, Parque Nacional da Chapada dos Guimarães, Bom Jardim, Poconé, Alta Floresta, The Pantanal, Campo Grande, Corumbá, Bonito & Around, Ponta Porã.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.