Brazil - Ceara, Piaui & Meranhao (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ceará, Piauí & Maranhão chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
These three northeastern states stretch along Brazil’s only north-facing coast and back deep into the arid interior. The main draw for visitors are the beaches of Ceará, arrayed for hundreds of glorious kilometers either side of Fortaleza, the states’ fun-loving biggest city.
- surf, chill and party in the magical and cinematic village of Jericoacoara
- dip into pristine lagoons between endless dunes in Maranhão’s surreal Parque Nacional dos Lençóis Maranhenses (p)
- enjoy the quirky combo of colonial heritage and Afro-Brazilian culture in São Luís
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Ceará, Fortaleza, Canoa Quebrada, Icaraí de Amontada, Jericoacoara, Maranhão, São Luís and Parque Nacional dos Lençóis Maranhenses.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.