Brazil - Ceara, Piaui & Maranhao (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ceará, Piauí & Maranhão chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guide-book.
The main draw for visitors is the beaches of Ceará, arrayed for hundreds of glorious kilome-ters either side of Fortaleza, the state’s fun-loving biggest city. The hip travelers’ hangout Jerico-acoara, uniquely located inside a dune-swept national park, is the jewel in Ceará’s gorgeous coastline.
- surf, chill, party and stare at spectacular sunsets in the magical village of Jericoacoara
- dip into pristine lagoons between endless dunes in surreal Parque Nacional dos Lençóis Maranhenses
- get your party on to the beat of Afro-Brazilian drums in São Luís
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ceará, Fortaleza, Canoa Quebrada, Icaraí de Amon-tada, Jericoacoara, MaranhÃo, São Luís, Parque Nacional dos Lençóis Maranhenses.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.