Brazil - Brasilia Goias (PDF Chapter)
This is the Brasília & Goiás chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
Brasília was conceived as a workable, utopian answer to modern urban chaos. As Brazil’s seat of government, bureaucrats rule, but a thriving city is there, the first in the world constructed in the 20th century to achieve Unesco World Cultural Heritage designation.
- admire the series of Niemeyer’s architectural marvels down Brasília’s principal axis, the Eixo Monumental
- wander the picturesque cobblestone streets of historic Cidade de Goiás and investigate its restored 18th-century buildings
- beat the heat amid Pirenópolis’s barrage of waterfalls and enjoying the hip cafes and bou-tiques of the center
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Brasília, Goiás, Goiãia, Cidade de Goiás, Pirenópolis, Parque Nacional da Chapada dos Veadeiros, Alto Paraíso de Goiás, São Jorge.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.