*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Brazil - Brasilia & Goias (PDF Chapter)
This is the Brasília & Goiás chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
Brasília was conceived as a workable, utopic answer to modern, urban chaos. As Brazil’s seat of government, bureaucrats rule, but a thriving city can be found beneath the uber-organization. Overlooked by many tourists, picturesque Goiás is easy to get lost in for a few weeks.
- beat the heat in a barrage of waterfalls around colonially cool Pirenópolis
- discover Brasília’s futuristic architecture at night, when the Praça dos Trés Poderes takes on an otherworldly glow
- trek through the unique high-cerrado (savanna) flora in Parque Nacional da Chapada dos Veadeiros
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Brasília, Goiás, Goiânia, Cidade de Goiás, Pirenópolis, Parque Nacional da Chapada dos Veadeiros, Alto Paraíso de Goiás and São Jorge.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.