Brazil - Bahia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bahia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Brazil guidebook.
Africa meets South America in the staggeringly beautiful northeastern state of Bahia. The heady blend of two seemingly disparate cultures – classic Portuguese architecture and African drum beats, Catholic churches and Candomblé (Afro-Brazilian religion) – is unique, and for most travelers, truly intoxicating.
- follow the sounds of the famous Olodum drum corps in Salvador, Latin America’s inspiring Afro-Brazilian capital
- hike to natural waterslides in the magnificent Parque Nacional da Chapada Diamantina
- zoom around the island villages of Morro de São Paulo and Boipeba on a speedboat tour
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Salvador, Recôncavo, Cachoeira & São Félix, Santo Amaro, Praia do Forte & around, Sítio do Conde, Mangue Seco, Morro de São Paulo, Boipeba, Valença, Camamu, Barra Grande, Itacaré, Ilhéus, Olivença, Porto Seguro & around, Arraial d’Ajuda, Trancoso, Caraíva, Parque Nacional de Monte Pascoal, Caravelas, Parque Nacional Marinho de Abrolhos, Feira de Santana, Lençóis and Parque Nacional da Chapada Diamantina.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.