Boston - West End & North End (PDF Chapter)
This is the West End & North End chapter from Lonely Planet’s Boston guidebook.
These side-by-side neighborhoods couldn’t be more different. The West End was razed by ‘urban renewal’, yet has many historic sites within walking distance. The North End is an Old World enclave of ristorante, salumerie, pizzerias, wine shops and cheese mongers.
- stroll the cobblestone streets, browse the boutiques and soak up the Old World atmosphere in the North End, then squeeze into one of the candlelit tables at Pomodoro
- discover how fun science can be at the Museum of Science
- explore the quaint, cramped quarters at the Paul Revere House, Boston’s oldest home
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island - Understand Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)