Boston - Understand Boston and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Boston Today, History, Arts & Architecture, Universities & Colleges, Transportation, Directory A–Z, and Behind the Scenes chapters from Lonely Planet’s Boston guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, the arts and universities to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on this history of this pivotal American city
- info on Boston’s demographics, with particular focus on its youth and diversity
- full coverage of the famous Boston Symphony Orchestra
- details on the city’s world-renowned ivy-league universities
Coverage includes: Boston Today, History, Arts & Architecture, Universities & Colleges, Transportation, Directory A–Z, and Behind the Scenes.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only. *Not available for newer titles
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.