*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Boston - Streetcar Suburbs (PDF Chapter)
This is the Streetcar Suburbs chapter from Lonely Planet’s Boston guidebook.
’Streetcar Suburbs’ Brookline and Jamaica Plain are attractive, off-the-beaten-path destinations for travelers. Brookline is well-known as the birthplace of JFK, while Jamaica Plain features open spaces, cooling breezes off Jamaica Pond and diverse flora at Arnold Arboretum.
- take a pilgrimage to the birthplace of John F Kennedy, then follow the National Parks Service walking tour to see the schools, churches and other places from Kennedy lore
- sit in the balcony at the Coolidge Corner Theatre and catch an art-house flick
- enjoy an evening of delightful food, music and camaraderie at Tres Gatos
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.