Boston - South End & Chinatown (PDF Chapter)
This is the South End & Chinatown chapter from Lonely Planet’s Boston guidebook.
The South End boasts the city’s most innovative options for dining out and a vibrant art scene. The Theater District’s colorful marquees and posh patrons make for a festive night out, while Chinatown overflows with markets, teahouses and textile shops.
- hit Chinatown for pork buns, dumplings and other dim sum delights
- browse at the SoWa Open Market and SoWa Vintage Market followed by Sunday brunch in the South End
- pack into Wally’s Café for old-time jazz and blues
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.