Boston - South End & Chinatown (PDF Chapter)
This is the South End & Chinatown chapter from Lonely Planet’s Boston guidebook.
Four side-by-side neighborhoods – South End, the Theater District, Chinatown and the Leather District - are home to Boston’s lively theater scene, its most hip-hop-happening nightclubs, and its best international and contemporary dining.
- Underground at Ink Block Catching a fitness class, having an urban picnic and checking out the fantastic street art at Boston’s latest postindustrial playground.
- Gourmet Dumpling House Hitting Chinatown for pork buns, dumplings or dim sum delights.
- SoWa Open Market Browsing at the market and splurging on locally made creations, followed by Sunday brunch in the South End.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.