Boston - Seaport District & South Boston (PDF Chapter)
This is the Seaport District & South Boston chapter from Lonely Planet’s Boston guidebook.
Across the jellyfish-laden Fort Point Channel, the Seaport District affords a spectacular vista of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston - a wonderful backdrop for an afternoon admiring art and feasting on fish by Boston’s best city beaches.
- spend an afternoon at the striking waterfront site of the Institute of Contemporary Art, contemplating the artistic curiosities on display within
- board the Boston Tea Party Ships and toss crates of tea overboard
- admire the view and feast on the creatures of the sea at Legal Harborside
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island - Understand Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)