Boston - Kenmore Square & Fenway (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kenmore Square & Fenway chapter from Lonely Planet’s Boston guidebook.
Kenmore Sq is the epicenter of student life in Boston. In addition to the Boston University (BU) behemoth, there are more than a half dozen colleges in the area. As such, Kenmore Sq has a disproportionate share of nightlife, inexpensive places to eat and dormitories disguised as brownstones.
- Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) Spending a morning immersing yourself in the Art of the Americas, then dedicating the afternoon to exploring the Impressionist and Postimpressionist paintings.
- Fenway Park Watching the Red Sox whip their opponents at America’s oldest ballpark.
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum Venerating the artistic, and cultural legacy of Isabella Stewart Gardner at her namesake museum, allowing plenty of time to ponder the Rape of Europa.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.