*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Boston - Downtown & Waterfront (PDF Chapter)
This is the Downtown & Waterfront chapter from Lonely Planet’s Boston guidebook.
Quincy Market is a fun stop to admire public art, cheer on street performers and soak up the festive atmosphere. With the sun sparkling off the harbor, it’s hard to resist this city by the sea.
- frolick in the Ring Fountain, ride the carousel and walk the labyrinth in the Rose Kennedy Greenway
- take a whalewatching boat out to Stellwagen Bank to spy on whales, dolphins and other sea life
- remember the first violent confrontation of the American Revolution at the site of the Boston Massacre
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.