Boston - Day Trips from Boston (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Boston chapter from Lonely Planet’s Boston guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Boston and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Boston Harbor Islands and Lexington & Concord.
- These offshore islands are inviting for walking trails, rocky beaches, wild berries and one highly explorable abandoned fort
- Now serene suburbs, these twin towns were the site of the dramatic kick-off to the War for Independence in April 19, 1775
- In addition to the many witchy sites in ‘Witch City,’ Salem showcases a proud maritime history and unique artistic legacy
- Settled by the Pilgrims in 1620, Plymouth is now home to Mayflower II, a replica of their ship, and Plimoth Plantation, a replica of their settlement
- Provincetown is a perfect summertime destination, with vast stretches of sandy beaches, miles of seaside bicycle trails and an eclectic strip of art galleries and seafood restaurants
Coverage includes: Boston Harbor Islands, Lexington & Concord, Salem, Plymouth, Provincetown.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.