Boston - Charlestown (PDF Chapter)
This is the Charlestown chapter from Lonely Planet’s Boston guidebook.
Follow the Freedom Trail to Charlestown’s aged narrow streets, lined with 19th-century Federal and colonial houses. This historic area is home to the USS Constitution and the commemorative Bunker Hill Monument, yet retains the distinctive atmosphere of a local neighborhood.
- count the 294 steps as you climb to the top of the Bunker Hill Monument, then catch your breath while you admire the 360-degree view of Boston, Cambridge and beyond
- sip an ale at the same bar that propped up the founding fathers in the Warren Tavern
- watch the sun set behind the city skyline from Pier Six
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.