Boston - Cambridge (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cambridge chapter from Lonely Planet’s Boston guidebook.
This neighborhood has historical and cultural offerings to rival many major cities, as well as diverse drinking, dining and entertainment options. Exploring museums, historic sites and university landmarks, you could just as easily spend a day as spend a year.
- browse the bookstores, rifle through the records and try on vintage clothing in Harvard Square, then camp out in a local cafe to watch the world go by
- explore the MIT campus and discover its fantastic, eclectic collection of public art
- cycle the Minuteman Bikeway from urban Cambridge to idyllic Bedford
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island - Understand Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)