*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Boston - Beacon Hill & Boston Common (PDF Chapter)
This is the Beacon Hill & Boston Common chapter from Lonely Planet’s Boston guidebook.
This area is home to the start of the Freedom Trail and the gold-domed Massachusetts State House. But the appeal of this neighborhood lies behind the landmarks, along the cobblestone streets lit by gas lanterns - a quintessentially Bostonian landscape.
- breathe in the sweet smell of flowering trees and blooming beds as you admire the seasonal display in the Public Garden
- explore the Massachusetts State House in search of the Sacred Cod and the Holy Mackerel
- pack a picnic for an evening of Shakespeare on the Common
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.