Boston - Back Bay (PDF Chapter)
This is the Back Bay chapter from Lonely Planet’s Boston guidebook.
Back Bay isn’t as historically significant as some Boston neighborhoods, but thanks to magnificent Victorian brownstones and high-minded civic plazas, it’s among the loveliest. After admiring architecture and browsing books, you’re perfectly placed for some window shopping or gallery hopping.
- admire Boston’s most evocative and archetypal architecture in Copley Square
- stroll, cycle or run along the Charles River Esplanade
- feel yourself at the center of the world in the unusual Mapparium
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighborhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island - Understand Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)