Borneo - Understand Borneo and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Understand Borneo, Borneo Today, History, Peoples & Cultures, The Cuisines of Borneo, Natural World, Responsible Travel, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Borneo guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, people and environment to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on politics, multiculturalism and the issues facing Borneo today
- info on Borneo’s history, from its first humans to colonisation and independence
- full coverage of the rainforests and their thousands of endangered inhabitants
- details on the people and culture of Borneo
Coverage includes: Understand Borneo, Borneo Today, History, Peoples & Cultures, The Cuisines of Borneo, Natural World, Responsible Travel, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health and Language.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation