*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Borneo - Understand Borneo and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Borneo Today, History, Peoples & Cultures, The Cuisines of Borneo, Natural World, Responsible Travel, Directory A–Z, Transport and Health chapters from Lonely Planet’s Borneo guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history and the region’s people and cultures to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, LGBT travellers and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the politics and economics of the island
- info on Borneo’s indigenous peoples, the Dayaks
- full coverage of the cuisines of Borneo
- details on the island’s rainforests and the wildlife that inhabits them
Coverage includes: Borneo Today, History, Peoples & Cultures, The Cuisines of Borneo, Natural World, Responsible Travel, Directory A–Z, Transport and Health.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.