Borneo - Sarawak (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sarawak chapter from Lonely Planet’s Borneo guidebook.
Sarawak makes access to Borneo’s natural wonders and cultural riches a breeze. From Ku-ching, the island’s most dynamic city, pristine rainforests can be visited on day trips, with time in the evening for a tasty meal and a drink by the waterfront.
- watch semiwild orangutans swing through the canopy at Semenggoh Wildlife Centre
- see the elusive rafflesia, the world’s largest flower, in Gunung Gading National Park
- stroll the waterfront promenade in Kuching
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kuching, Western Sarawak, Bako National Park, Santubong Peninsula, Semenggoh Wildlife Centre, Annah Rais Longhouse, Kubah National Park, Bau & Around, Lundu, Gunung Gading National Park, Tanjung Datu National Park, Ta-lang-Satang National Park, Batang Ai Region, Central Sarawak, Sibu, Batang Rejang, Bintulu, Similajau National Park, Niah National Park, Lambir Hills National Park, Miri, Northeastern Sara-wak, Gunung Mulu National Park, Kelabit Highlands, Limbang Division.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation