Borneo - Sabah (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sabah chapter from Lonely Planet’s Borneo guidebook.
Sabah occupies a relatively small chunk of Borneo, yet packs a punch: turquoise-fringed de-sert islands with coral reefs swarming with marine biodiversity; trekkers’ paradise Mt Kinabalu reaching into the clouds; and jungles pulsing with bug-eyed tarsiers, gibbons, pythons, clouded leopards and huge crocs.
- dive among sea turtles and sharks along multicoloured reefs in the Semporna Archipela-go
- trek up Mt Kinabalu, Borneo’s highest mountain, for the ultimate sunrise
- look for leopard cats, civets and deer on night safaris in Deramakot Forest Reserve
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kota Kinabalu, Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park, Pulau Manukan, Pulau Mamutik, Pulau Sapi, Pulau Gaya, Pulau Sulug, Northwestern Sabah, Mt Kinabalu & Around, Kinabalu National Park, Northwest Coast, Island Getaways, Eastern Sa-bah, Sandakan, Sepilok, Sandakan Archipelago, Deramakot Forest Reserve, Sungai Kinaba-tangan, Lahad Datu, Danum Valley Conservation Area, Tabin Wildlife Reserve, Semporna, Semporna Archipelago, Tawau, Tawau Hills Park, Maliau Basin Conservation Area, Southwest-ern Sabah, Interior Sa(more...)
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.