Borneo - Sabah (PDF Chapter)
Pint-sized Sabah occupies a small chunk of Borneo, yet what a punch it packs: the treasure of turquoise-fringed desert islands with coral reefs; trekkers’ paradise Mt Kinabalu; and jungles pulsing with a menagerie of tarsiers, gibbons, pythons, clouded leopards and crocs.
- dive among wild sea turtles and sharks on the multicoloured reefs of the Semporna Archipelago
- explore the misty wilderness of the Danum Valley Conservation Area, between scoping for tarsiers, clouded leopards and orangutans
- hoof it over granite moonscapes for the ultimate Bornean sunrise atop Mt Kinabalu
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kota Kinabalu and around, Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park, Northwestern Sabah, Mt Kinabalu & Kinabalu National Park, Around Mt Kinabalu, Northwest Coast, Offshore Islands, Eastern Sabah, Sandakan, Sepilok, Sandakan Archipelago, Sungai Kinabatangan, Lahad Datu, Danum Valley Conservation Area, Tabin Wildlife Reserve, Semporna and Semporna Archipelago, Tawau, Tawau Hills Park, Maliau Basin Conservation Area, Southwestern Sabah, The Interior, Beaufort Division, Pulau Tiga National Park and Pulau Labuan.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.