*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Borneo - Kalimantan (PDF Chapter)
Skewered by the equator and roasting under a tropical sun, the steamy forests of Kalimantan serve up endless opportunities for epic rainforest exploration. Its ancient forests grow towering trees that house some of the world’s most memorable species, including the noble orangutan.
- complete the landmark Cross-Borneo Trek – if you can
- meet the orangutans of Tanjung Puting National Park
- go native in the Kapuas Hulu region
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: West Kalimantan, Pontianak, Sungai Kapuas, Sukadana, Central Kalimantan, Tanjung Puting National Park, Kumai, Pangkalan Bun, Palangka Raya, South Kalimantan, Banjarmasin, Kandangan, Negara, Loksado, East Kalimantan, Balikpapan, Samarinda, Sungai Mahakam, The Muller Mountains, Kutai National Park, Berau, Merabu, Derawan Archipelago and North Kalimantan.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.