Bolivia - The Cordilleras & Yungas (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cordilleras & Yungas chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bolivia guide-book.
Caught between the Andes and the Amazon, this rugged region has just about everything you could ask for from your Bolivian adventure. Pick from glacier-capped 6000m peaks, cloud forests, treks along preserved Inca trails, and wildlife-watching opportunities aplenty.
- get dusty as you cheat death on a mountain-bike descent of nearly 3600m on the World’s Most Dangerous Road
- treat yourself to a few days of warm weather, a hammock and a poolside drink in Coroi-co
- embrace your adventurous spirit while climbing, hiking and mountain biking in the hills around Sorata
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cordillera Real, Huayna Potosí, Condoriri Massif, Ancohuma, Illimani, Chachacomani, The Yungas, Coroico & Yolosa, El Choro Trek, Takesi Trek, Yunga Cruz Trek, Chulumani & Around, Guanay, El Camino del Oro, Sorata, Aucapata & Iskan-waya, Cordillera Apolobamba, Charazani, Área Natural de Manejo Integrado Nacional Apolo-bamba, Cordillera Quimsa Cruz.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.